Last Update: December 8, 2010
Click here for a listing and a brief explanation of passive information collection methodologies which we may use from time to time to enhance the services we offer. We reserve the right to use additional methods of collection of passive information.
4. Use and Sharing of Anonymous, Passive Information. This site may make full use of passively collected anonymous information through the collection methods described above, including without limitation the right to use such information to provide better service to site visitors, customize the site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve the site for your use. We reserve the right to share this information in the same manner as provided below for PII (defined below).
6. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information ("PII").
6.1 We will ask individual participants in our programs when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you (which we refer to as "PII"). PII which we collect regarding individual participants in our programs may vary depending on the benefits and/or services selected, and may include one or more of the following categories of information: name, physical address, phone number, an email address, date of birth, high school graduation year, and sports played.
6.2 We may also collect PII regarding athlete participants in our programs from the participant’s school, team, or organization.
6.3 We do NOT tie or link PII regarding any athlete participant in our programs to anonymous, passive information collected under Section 3 above with persistent identifiers. For example, we would not tie or link a participant’s email address (PII) with information collected by a cookie regarding the length of time the participants visit our site (anonymous, passive information).
7.1 Affiliates. Unless prohibited by law, we may use and share PII within any companies that may legally affiliated with us (such as, for example, any parent, subsidiary, or brother or sister entity) for purposes of providing service and account maintenance, to help us design and improve products and services, and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
7.2 Third-Party And Business Partner Service Providers. We may hire other companies to provide services on our behalf. We also may sell products or services for our business partners on our site for which delivery and other fulfillment services are provided by our business partners or their service providers. These service providers may include, for example, companies that (i) host, manage, and service our website, web servers, software and systems, (ii) provide business or data processing services, (iii) provide marketing services, or (iv) provide payment processing, fulfillment, and/or shipping services. We may share or make PII accessible to such third parties; however, all such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of PII and are prohibited from using PII for any purpose other than for the services they provide, which may include emails, but only to the extent email is integral to their services.
7.3 In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your PII is treated, transferred, or used.
7.4 Legal Process. We reserve the right to share PII with third parties in response to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, to comply with an inquiry by a government agency or other regulator, or as necessary for other legal purposes.
8. Use and Sharing of Anonymous Data.
8.1 We make no claim of ownership to data provided by Licensee schools, teams, or other organizations and individual athlete participants in our programs. However, we do reserve the right (and Licensee schools, teams, or other organizations and individual athlete participants in our programs hereby grant to use the right) to use, disclose, and share with others (i) anonymous training data and test scores that are captured and archived by us, and (ii) derivative data created by us based on anonymous training data and test scores, including without limitation generic performance comparisons, statistics, trends, and rankings. Anonymous training data and test scores include the raw training data and test scores together with related qualifying data, including without limitation sex, age, height, weight, sport(s) played, geographical location, and generic organization type (e.g. middle school, high school, college or university). The rights granted in this Section are irrevocable and will continue in perpetuity, and are not dependent on continued participation in our programs by affected Licensee schools, teams, or other organization or individual athlete participants.
8.2 All training data, test scores, and derivative data used by us will be anonymous and will not, without the express permission of the specific Licensee school, team, or other organization or any individual athlete who provided the data, identify any organization or individual person.
9. Identification of Licensee Schools, Teams, or Other Organizations. We reserve the right to identify any Licensee school, team, or other organization as a customer of our programs in any media, including without limitation press releases, websites, social media outlets and websites, and printed promotional materials.
11. Security of PII. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your PII and other sensitive information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of data storage can be guaranteed 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information by following generally accepted industry standards, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or store at this site.
12. Making Changes To PII. Registered users (and parents of Children under the age of 13) may make changes to their PII by logging into their account and clicking the My Profile link.
13. Email From This Site. If you supply us with your e-mail address you may receive periodic messages from us with information specific to the site and required for the normal functioning of the site as well as for new products or services or upcoming events.
16. Children's Online Policy.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age. This site is not directed at children under 13 years of age, but we recognize that with proper adult supervision some parents might permit their children to visit and use our site. COPPA requires that we obtain the consent of parents and guardians in order for children under 13 years of age to use certain features of our site.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13, and your child would like to participate in certain services available on our site, your child will be prompted to print out our Parental Consent Form set out below for you to complete and email or fax in to us. WE REQUIRE THAT A PARENT OR GUARDIAN EMAIL OR FAX A COMPLETED PARENTAL CONSENT FORM PROVIDED BELOW PRIOR TO OUR COLLECTION ONLINE OF ANY INFORMATION FROM YOUR CHILD ON THIS SITE.
Parents have the option to agree to the collection and use of their child's information solely by us (the site operator), without consenting to the disclosure of that information by third parties.
We acknowledge that this site may not require your child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activities offered through this site.
Parents may review their child's personal information, and ask that it be deleted from this site. In addition, parents may refuse to allow any further collection or use of their child's information. Please send such requests for review, deletion, or refusal by email or fax to us at the Contact Us information provided below, and include in your request your child's name, and if available, your child's logon information for our site.
If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, or if a parent or guardian has previously given consent with our Parental Consent Form, but wishes to revoke consent, we will remove your child's information from our active list at your request. Please send such requests for removal by email or fax to us at the Contact Us information provided below, and include in your request your child's name, and if available, your child's logon information for our site.
17. Email And Other Messages Through This Site; ECPA Notice. This site treats email messages and other electronic messages that are sent through this site and not viewable by others as confidential and private, except as required by law, including without limitation, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2701-2711 (the "ECPA"). The ECPA permits this site's limited ability to intercept and/or disclose electronic messages, for example (i) as necessary to operate our system or to protect our rights or property, (ii) upon legal demand (court orders, warrants, subpoenas), or (iii) where we receive information inadvertently which appears to pertain to the commission of a crime. This site is not considered a "secure communications medium" under the ECPA.
18. USA Patriot Act Notice. The federal USA Patriot Act ("USA Patriot Act") provides generally for the operator of a communication host and law enforcement to be able to monitor any content, upon request of the operator. We anticipate fully complying with all our obligations, and availing ourselves of all our rights, under the USA Patriot Act.
SpeedTracs America, LLC.
#203, 4880 Lower Roswell Road, Suite 165
Marietta, GA, 30068
Telephone: (800) 701-9088